- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Maple sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Gluten-Free all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups Quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1 Apple, peeled & diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, quinoa flakes, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, & nutmeg.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together softened butter and maple sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Slowly beat in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Gently fold in the chopped walnuts and apple.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven 9-11 minutes until golden on the edges.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet about 3 minutes before removing to a cooling tray.