- 1/2 cup Chopped onion
- 1 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine
- 3 cups Chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 pound Cucumbers, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1/2 Red bell pepper, cut into very thin slices
- 1/2 Green bell pepper, cut into very thin slices
- 2 oz. Radishes, trimmed and halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp. Tabasco hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups Seasoned croutons
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
Combine the onion, garlic, wine and chicken or vegetable broth in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer it for 5 minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat, allow it to cool and refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 hour or until cold.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the chilled broth mixture with the remaining ingredients except the croutons, adjust seasoning as desired. Transfer to a covered container (or a large thermos for picnics) and refrigerate. The soup can be made a day in advance and kept chilled until needed. Serve the soup in mugs garnished with the seasoned croutons.