Quick Roasting Brussels Sprouts (by Victoria Myers)
3 cups of trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts
1 T avocado oil Salt, to taste Optional: pinch of red pepper flakes
2 T balsamic vinegar
1 cup of grapes
8 pitted dates, diced
½ cup pecans
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
• Heat an iron skillet over medium high heat.
• Once skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the trimmed and halved Brussels sprouts, salt and red pepper flakes (if using). Cook for 6 minutes, stirring often.
• After 6 minutes, add the grapes to the skillet and transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 6 minutes.
• While the Brussels sprouts and grapes are cooking in the oven, dice the dates and toast the pecans in a small saute pan, in the oven or in the microwave.
• After 6 minutes (or once the Brussels sprouts are tender and browned) remove from the oven. Add the balsamic vinegar, chopped dates and toasted pecans and stir to evenly mix. (
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME 12 mins
TOTAL TIME 17 mins
(Serves 6-8 people)